Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Week one at Work


    So...this has been an incredibly long and tiring week.  I have gotten 2 hours of sleep per night. obnoxious room mates!!!  I started my first day of work on Friday. I worked the grill, I made pancakes, french toast and hot ham a cheese for breakfast, then we switched over to lunch and made cheeseburgers, hot dogs, chicken tenders and french fries.  I thought those two days on the grill were pretty fun but very tiring,  Little did I know I would be on the omelet station.  The day I did omelets we were short staff so I didn't have a trainer and I worked the station by myself.  I made 271 omelets on my first day!!!!
     Everyday I work I get a meal ticket for lunch...haha what a joke, it is for $3.75 an we have to eat in the employee cafeteria, all frozen foods. Nothing fresh, and you can't buy much with that.  you can't eat any of the food you make for guests, or even try it. That is a big adjustment for me coming from school where I get to eat all the time.
     Yesterday I went to animal kingdom with Russell, it was so AMAZING!!! 
there is a ride called Expedition Everest, we rode on it twice and it was a lot of fun. We also went of the Safari and saw a lot of the animals.  Last night we had a girls night and went to downtown disney.  We had dinner and then went to the House of Blues for Latin night. 
    Tonight There is a Cinco Di Mayo party at our apartment complex, there will be tacos and it should be a lot of fun.  
     I have had the last two days off and it has been so nice. Today I did some laundry and now I am just hanging out.  I have work Thursday through Sun then I am off Monday and Tuesday.  On Monday Russell, Karl and I are going to the beach during the day and then at 7pm we are going to our Formal,  Our housing complex rented out Typhoon Lagoon for only us and we get to go on water rides and eat food!! :)  


                                            Learning-Living-Cooking


                                      






    

No comments:

Post a Comment